Cooking is science. It needs everything to be exactly as required. Cooking is an art. It needs to be done with great attention. So, it is very important to do this art scientifically to get the desired result. Baking bread may sound very easy.
But it is not as easy as it looks. It requires every ingredient to be properly measured and mixed, to get light and spongy bread. Always use fresh and good quality ingredients in exact measurements to bake your bread like a professional chef.
Making bread is not at all an easy task. The blend and mix have to be perfect.
History of bread
Bread is the food which has been made from centuries ago. Bread is one of the oldest foods which have passed on from many generations. Bread is a light food, quite easy to digest and very tasty, especially when baked with other flavoring agents.
You can make plain bread, creamy bread or buns, cookies, cakes and many more. Beard is a universal food and is mostly used in almost all parts of the world. These are all-time favorite foods for most people especially the children.
Children enjoy eating different varieties of bread. But it is not always safe to get the to bread baked outside as it contains chemical preservatives. Instead, you can always make them at home so that it is both cost friendly and healthy.
The art of bread baking
Though bread has been baked for centuries, it is not easy to bake perfect bread. Bread baking needs everything to be done perfectly. Try this recipe to bake your perfect bread.
- 1 big bowl of all-purpose flour. (750-1000gms)
- 2-3 glasses of water. (approx 700-800ml)
- 5 gms of Dried Yeast powder or fresh yeast.
- ¼ tbs of Salt.
Preparing the dough
- Mix all purpose flour with required quantity of water, salt, and yeast powder. Mix all the ingredients well with your hands until the dough become smooth without any clumps. (You can add any flavoring agents to make it more attractive)
- Add the required quantity of sugar if making sweet bread or cream to make cream bread.
- You can also use a processor or mixer to mix the dough well.
- Let the dough overnight or at least for 1-2 hours. (It takes less standing time when you use active yeast.)
- Apply some oil over your hands and transfer the dough to an oiled container and keep it closed until the dough almost doubles in volume.
- Then take out the dough and give it the desired shape. Dust the surface with plain flour.
- Place it in a refrigerator for 1-1.5hrs.
- Set an oven and preheat it at 500°F or 260℃
- Now take out the refrigerated bread and place it in the preheated oven.
- Cover it and bake for 15 mins at the same temperature.
- Then lower the heat to 450°F or 232℃ and bake for another 15 mins.
- Uncover it and bake till the crust turns dark brown ( approx 15-20 mins).
- Then take it out and allow it to cool at room temperature.
Now your soft and spongy bread is ready to serve.
Categories: Baking Bread