I googled all the sites looking for a blackberry jalapeno jelly, to NO avail; all I could find was everyone looking for this recipe. Well…I spent the weekend creating my own. Darn good, quick, and EASY! Goes great on crackers with cream cheese. Sweet with a warm bite! MMMM! I picked a bowl blackberries, put them through my juicer, then froze juice until I was ready. If you want burning hot, add one more pepper. ENJOY!
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered pectin
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 cups blackberry juice
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 1/2 cups white sugar
- 5 half pint canning jars with lids and rings
- Mix the pectin crystals with 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Stir the blackberry juice, pectin mixture, green jalapeno, and red jalapeno together in a saucepan; bring the mixture to a boil for 1 full minute. Add the 3 1/2 cups sugar and return to a rolling boil until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir while off heat to remove bubbles and foam for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken.
Categories: Homemade Jam