When you look down the ingredients list, it doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot to these mini cheese balls. But just the right combination of nuts, herbs, and spices turns tofu cream cheese into something special.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw walnuts, divided
- 16 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh chives (4 bunches), divided
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1⁄4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool, and finely grind in food processor.
- Stir together cream cheese, 3 Tbs. chives, shallot, paprika, and 3 Tbs. walnuts until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop mixture into 2 tsp.-size balls. Roll half in remaining chives and half in remaining walnuts. Serve immediately.
PER PIECE: 88 CAL; 2 G PROT; 8.5 G TOTAL FAT (1.5 G SAT FAT); 2 G CARB; 0 MG CHOL; 98 MG SOD; 1 G FIBER; <1 G SUGARS
Categories: Vegetarian recipes