- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup 85% cocoa powder
- Grated rind and juice from one large orange
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced
- Cream egg yolks, oil and honey in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add almond meal cocoa powder orange rind and orange juice, combine well.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold well into chocolate orange mixture.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper and poor in chocolate orange mixture.
- Place in oven for 50-60min or until cooked. Test by inserting a knife into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is cooked through.
Categories: Eating Pegan