- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 soft rolls, split horizontally
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with oil, 1/2 cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange stem-side down and cover loosely with foil to allow some steam to escape. Roast for 30-45 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
When the mushrooms are nearly done, combine the avocado, shallot, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Mash thoroughly into a paste.
Toast rolls, and place mushroom on bottom half. Top with avocado mixture and tomato.
Categories: Vegetarian recipes