Easy baked chicken wings with buttery garlic parmesan sauce. These Garlic Parmesan Wings are a Buffalo Wild Wings copycat recipe that your family will love!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
I’m not much of a hot, spicy chicken wing girl, but buttery garlic parmesan? I’ll take that any day. Many restaurants that are famous for wings serve garlic wings for people just like me. We decided to make a copycat recipe to enjoy these game day appetizers at home!
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
I love this simple butter sauce because it takes no cooking time. Melt the butter in the microwave then add the cheese and seasonings. You can add additional salt and pepper to taste if you’d like. *It’s important to note that this is NOT a hot wing recipe. If you’d like a little kick or spice, simply add a dash of cayenne pepper or a squirt of red hot sauce. Tweak this basic wing sauce to be one that you love!
This sauce isn’t just amazing on wings, it’s a delicious marinade for pork chops or chicken breasts, or you can brush it over grilled steaks. Delicious!
Baked Chicken Wing Recipe
Baked chicken wings are a win for us because they are healthier than breaded, fried chicken wings. We bake them slowly on low temperature so that they end up fork tender and fall off the bone. No, not as crispy as fried versions, but when wings are messy to eat in the first place, we prefer the extra tender meat to make them just a little easier to eat.
How to Make Chicken Wings
Here’s how we do it:
- Allow the wings to defrost completely in advance (if they are frozen).
- Place the defrosted wings in a single layer in a large baking pan. About 11×15 would be a good size for 5 pounds of jumbo wings. You can use 2 9×13 pans if you’d like.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
- Pour off any extra chicken juices if desired (this will allow the skin to get a little crispier than if it would continue to cook in the juices. This step is optional!)
- Turn the chicken wings over, brush them with half of the butter sauce and bake them for 40 minutes.
- Broil the chicken wings on low for 5 minutes so that the tops get a little browned.
- Toss the wings with the rest of the garlic sauce once they are done.
Serve the wings warm right away or put them in the slow cooker to keep them warm until it is party time.
What to Serve with Garlic Parmesan Wings?
Other Chicken Wing Recipes
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping the baked wings)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 5 pounds jumbo chicken wings
Mix together all of the ingredients (except the wings) in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the wings in a single layer in an 11×15 baking pan. You can use 2 9×13 pans if you’d like.
Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
Pour off any extra chicken juices if desired (this will allow the skin to get a little crispier than if it would continue to cook in the juices. This step is optional!).
Baste both sides of the chicken wings with half of the butter mixture.
Bake for an additional 40 minutes.
Baste the chicken wings then turn them over using tongs. Baste again.
Broil the chicken wings on low for 5 minutes so that the tops get a little browned.
Toss the wings with additional garlic parmesan sauce once they are done.
Sprinkle with reserved parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately or place the wings in a slow cooker on warm until you are ready to serve them. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.