These Steak Foil Packets are an easy, healthy and whole30 approved summer dinner with only 6 ingredients and 300 calories! Sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes (500g)
- 4 tsp Ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Real Salt Natural Season Salt
- 20 Sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1 Lb Top sirloin steak,* Trimmed and sliced into 2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp Real Salt Natural Garlic Salt
- Fresh chives, minced (for garnish)
- Pre-heat your grill for medium high heat. Cut 8, 12-inch pieces of tinfoil and make 4 layers of 2, making sure the shiny side is facing up.
- Slice the sweet potato into 1/2 inch thick slices, then quarter each slice.
For medium steak:
- Place the potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl and add a few Tbsp of water. Cover and microwave until the potatoes JUST begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Dry off well with a paper towel. (If you like your steak more well done, skip this step.)
- Toss the potatoes with the melted ghee until evenly coated. Then, toss with the season salt until well coated.
- Divide the potatoes in an even layer between the prepared tinfoil packets. Place 5 sprigs of Thyme on top.
- In a large bowl, toss the steak with the garlic salt. Divide the cubes on top of the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Fold the middles of the foil packets on top of each other (so the shiny sides are being folded in and not exposed.) Then double fold the ends in (one small fold, and then another small fold to make a packet.) Make sure to seal them very tight!
- Place on indirect heat on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes for medium rare steak, or 10-15 for more done steak. I recommend checking after 8 minutes to see where your steak is at!
- Once cooked, CAREFULLY open the packets (they’re hot!) and sprinkles fresh chives over.
Categories: Foil Pack Dinners