Enjoy this spicy treat on crackers with cream cheese. It also makes a festive holiday appetizer.
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered pectin
- 5 cups white sugar
- Sterilize 6 (8 ounce) canning jars and lids according to manufacturer’s instructions. Heat water in a hot water canner.
- Place red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers in a large saucepan over high heat. Mix in vinegar and fruit pectin. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil, and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and skim off any foam.
- Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops. Cover with flat lids, and screw on bands tightly.
- Place jars in rack, and slowly lower jars into canner. The water should cover the jars completely, and should be hot but not boiling. Bring water to a boil, and process for 5 minutes.
Categories: Homemade Jam