There’s nothing more comforting than beef tips and now you can make them quickly in the Instant Pot! You’ll love these fork tender Instant Pot Beef Tips served over rice, noodles or potatoes. You may also like our ribs and spaghetti made in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Beef Tips
Have you gotten into using your Instant Pot yet? I’m trying to learn new things with my instant pot. I love using it for eggs, rice and spaghetti but I know there is so much more I could be doing with it! If you’re the same as me, try these Instant Pot Beef Tips with rice. You’ll love how quickly this easy dinner recipe comes together.
How to Make Beef Tips in the Instant Pot
- The first step to making this recipe is to sear or brown the beef tips using the “saute” feature of the pressure cooker. Is this 100% necessary? We think it is necessary for flavor purposes. It only takes a few minutes to saute the beef and onion in a little oil. And warming the pressure cooker this way will help it come to pressure more quickly!
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
- Place the lid on top and seal it.
- Select manual high pressure and set for 25 minutes. It’s important to remember that the pressure cooker will take about 5-10 minutes to seal before the time starts counting down. Be sure to account for that time in your dinner prep!
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pot to just sit for 20 minutes. Don’t touch anything…this is called a natural release and allows the meat to keep simmering for awhile.
- After the 20 minutes is up, release any pressure and you’re ready to serve the meat!
Beef Tips Gravy
Cream of mushroom soup is the base of this easy beef gravy. The addition of worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and onion help the flavor to deepen and develop during cooking.
Beef Tips and Rice
We like to serve this dinner with rice, but you can also serve it over noodles or mashed potatoes. Pair this dinner with a loaf of crusty French bread and a side salad for a complete meal.
Instant Pot Recipes
Need an Instant Pot? Click here to see which one we have.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds sirloin beef tips
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 21 ounces cream of mushroom soup (2 small cans)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Set Instant Pot to the saute setting. Once warm, add olive oil, beef tips, and onion. Stir and sauté for 5 minutes or until meat starts to brown.
Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, cream of mushroom soup and garlic powder. Stir to mix well, and then cover and seal the lid.
Cook on Manual Setting on High Pressure for 25 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure.
Once done, allow to naturally release for 20 minutes.
Serve over rice (or noodles or mashed potatoes) and serve with french bread to sop up the gravy.
The calories shown are based on the recipe serving 8 and for the meat & gravy only (no rice). Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.