- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 4 dates
- 6 tbs lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- To make the pastry, place ingredients into a blender and mix until well combined. In a muffin tray (or similar) line individual holes with baking paper, and firmly place pastrymixture on the bottom and sides. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until pastry has browned. Leave to cool.
- To make the filling. Place lemon juice, lemon rind and honey into a pan, and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs well. Slowly add the beaten eggs to simmering filling, stirring vigorously to form a nice smooth texture. Add more honey if desired. Leave to cool slightly.
- When pastry has cooled, and the filling has reduced to a warm temperature, spoon the filling into each individual tart.
- Place in the fridge until cooled and set. Makes around 4, depending on size.
Categories: Eating Pegan