- 2 cups almond flour (almond meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Sweetener to taste — about 1/3 cup usually works well –liquid preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a muffin tin. You can really do it with any size, but I’m basing the recipe on a 12-muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don’t want strings of egg white in there and you don’t have to worry about “tunnels” when you are using almond meal).
- Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes.
Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries for blueberry muffins. For apricot muffins, take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).
Categories: Baking Bread