- 1/3 lb lean mince meat
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 14.5 oz diced tomato
- Herbs – Sage, mixed Italian herbs, thyme, basil, cumin ground (small amount), cinnamon (small amount)
- 1 eggplant cut in half
- 1 cup lettuce
- Place eggplant halves in a dish and bake in a pre-heated 180degree Celsius oven for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
- While the eggplant is in the oven prepare the meat by frying the onion and garlic in a pan until browned. Remove from the pan and cook the mince meat, stirring so there are no big lumps.
- When the meat is cooked, return the onion and garlic to the pan along with herbs (to taste). Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- When the eggplant is ready, use a fork to scrape the inside of the eggplant until mushy, Place the meat on top of the eggplant half and serve with lettuce.
Categories: Eating Pegan