Delicious combo of fresh veggies, with spices and queso. You can add other veggies to this such as carrots and corn. Top with sour cream and salsa if desired.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 chayote squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and chayote. Cover, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped jicama; cover and cook 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cover and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Serve immediately.
Categories: Chayote Recipes