- 6 wooden skewers; soaked in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Make marinate by combining all ingredients into a small bowl, mixing well. Place diced chicken in a ceramic dish, pour marinate over the top and coat well. Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced or pre-heat BBQ grill on high heat.
- Thread diced chicken onto skewers and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper, pour marinate over the top of chicken, coating well. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- If cooking on a BBQ grill, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes each side.