- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C nut butter (not peanut butter! -cashew/macadamia nut butter works well)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- Mix all of the ingredients except the coconut oil in a bowl. Stir well, until you have a uniform batter. Next, use a bit of coconut oil to grease a non stick skillet. Spread some of the batter into the skillet to form a pancake, then cook over low/medium heat. Flip after 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn them!
- Once you’ve cooked all of your pancakes, you can serve them with a variety of toppings. A few that I like: chopped apples and cinnamon; heated blueberries; real maple syrup; and unsweetened applesauce.
- Zone info:3 servings at 1/2 carb block, ~1/2 protein block, 15 fat blocks
Categories: Eating Pegan