- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups almonds
- 1½ cup dates
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1½ tbs honey
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Combine walnuts, almonds and dates in a food processor. Process on high for 30-40 seconds for a coarse texture. Line a 23cm tart pan with baking paper. Press pastry evenly along bottom and sides. Place in a refrigerator while making the filling.
- To make the filling, place coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon rind and honey into a pan, and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. Slowly add the beaten eggs to simmering mixture stirring vigorously to form a nice smooth texture. Add more honey if desired. Leave to cool slightly.
- Pour filling slowly into the pastry case. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- To serve, top with raspberries.
Categories: Eating Pegan