- 2 Tbsp lime juice, Preferably fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound extra-lean ground chicken
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup red onion slivers
- 2Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chopped dry-roasted cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, ginger , honey, chili garlic sauce, and salt. Whisk, gradually adding the oil, until blended.
- Set a small nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Add the chicken to the pan. Cook, breaking up the meat into chunks with a spatula, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, carrot, onion, mint, and cilantro. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and toss. Top with reserved chicken and sprinkle with the nuts. Serve immediately.
Categories: Eating Pegan