I love the unique and delicate flavor of truffles. This recipe highlights the truffle flavor in a creamy texture spread. The appetizer will fill your home with a lovely aroma and presents well on a platter.
Mushroom lovers beware! This appetizer spread can be made ahead and stored in the fridge until you are ready to for your guests.
- 1/4 cup black truffle-infused olive oil, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed, or more to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 large baguette, sliced into thin rounds
- Heat 2 tablespoons truffle-infused oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper, parsley, and garlic to mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are golden and lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Stir remaining truffle-infused oil and cream cheese into mushroom mixture until cheese melts from the heat of the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Spread mushroom-cheese mixture onto each baguette round. Arrange rounds on a baking sheet.
- Broil bruschetta until bread is warmed, 2 to 3 minutes.
Categories: Mushroom Recipes