- 700g lean mince meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 tbs tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomato
- Herbs –Sage, mixed Italian herbs, thyme, basil, cumin ground (small amount), cinnamon (small amount)
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, sliced
- 5 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- Make mince meat sauce by frying the onion and garlic in a pan until browned. Remove from the pan add and cook the mince meat, stirring so there are no big lumps. When the meat is cooked, return the onion and garlic to the pan along with herbs (to taste). Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and leave to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Layer eggplant slices along the bottom of a deep oven proof dish. Layer eggplant with ½ the mince meat sauce, then layer with pumpkin slices, spread the remaining mince meat sauce over the pumpkin and layer zucchini slices on-top to finish.
- Brush olive oil lightly over zucchini slices, then bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife easily goes through vegetables. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Categories: Eating Pegan